The A2004 builds upon the proven user interface and keypad layout of the Simrad AP70 and AP80 professional autopilot controllers, and delivers consistency with the latest generation of Simrad radar, sonar, and ECDIS displays. A large aluminium rotary control dial enables quick but precise steering adjustments, while dedicated keys offer instant access to steering modes, a custom-configurable Work mode, and automated turn patterns. All built-in controls are designed for ease of use with wet or gloved hands, in commercial settings such as fishing vessels and workboats.
No Drift mode integrates GPS navigation with auto-steering, using position data to counteract the effects of wind and tide. This allows the A2004 to maintain a straight track over ground on the current heading, without the need to manually set a waypoint or route. No Drift steering is available with an NMEA 2000® connected GPS receiver or compatible Simrad chartplotter.
To ensure optimal visibility in all conditions, the A2004’s colour LCD panel is optically bonded to its protective glass covering – eliminating the possibility of internal condensation. Transflective LCD technology makes use of reflected sunlight to brighten rather than obscure the screen, delivering superior day-time visibility and lower power consumption compared to traditional backlit displays. An ultra-wide 170 degree viewing angle means key autopilot information is clearly visible at a glance, from anywhere in sight of the display.
Compatible with AC70 Autopilot computers.
Note: A2004 autopilot controller also requires compatible autopilot computer, drive unit and heading source. Please see autopilot products for more information.
- Proven Simrad interface designed for commercial marine applications
- Large, heavy-duty rotary control dial for precision steering
- Continuum steering technology
- Optically bonded 4.1-inch colour display with 170-degree viewing angle
- Thruster integration & heavy-duty rudder feedback support
- Configurable work mode and low/high speed modes
- Automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres
- No Drift steering holds course against wind and tide
- Flush or bracket mounting options
- Certified NMEA 2000® connectivity
In the Box
Simrad A2004 Autopilot control & mounting bracket
|Dimensions MM (LxHxD)||177 x 115 x 60|
|Display||4.1" Transmissive TFT-LCD|
|Screen Resolution||320 x 240|
|Power Consumption||2.97 W Max|
SIMRAD A2004 Autopilot Controller
- Brand: SIMRAD
- MPN: 000-13895-001
- Model: A2004
- Availability: In Stock
- Lead Time: 3-5 days
- Ex VAT:£899.99